Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Eye Shadow brushes

As Someone have asked me about eye shadow brushes, here's three major one that I usually used!
Eye Shadow Brush round and flat (Hair type : Squirrel)
This type of brush is best for blending eye shadow colors & doing the contouring of the eye sockets.


Eye Shadow Brush round and flat(Hair type : Weasel)
This Weasel hair eye shadow brush is best for defining those stronger lines or darken the corner of the eyes.



Eye Shadow Brush round and flat(Hair type : Tamage)
I used this type of brush for applying strong/heavy eye shadow colors. As this type of brush is round & flat so is much easy to control if I want the eye colors to be more intense.

So far my favorite brushes are from Japan! e.g. Shiseido, KP, IPSA & also some of Bobbi Brown's brushes.

5 comments:

Tian mi mi said...

Hi Dearest Andy Lee
i am a loyal fan of your blog and really thanks for all your makeup introduction and recommendation. I buy all you recommend and it never fail me! Even my mum and sister love you too, thanks very much, Andy

Actually we are always very keen to know what is your favorite makeup product/brand such as your most trusted liquid foundation, blusher, eyeshadow, powder etc from your years of experience. is it really ok you open up a blog and showcase your holy grail makeup item and share with us readers here? thank you so much and hugs!

jasmine said...

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the review. But how do we know these brushes hair and synthetic or animal hair? because, some brands, the hair of the brushes are so similar. which brand would you advice us to get for the brushes.

andylee makeup artist from singapore said...

Hi Tian mi mi

Thanks for your comment! Willtry my best to share in future! Thank you for all your support!

andylee makeup artist from singapore said...

Hi Jasmine

Normally you can check with the sales person about the hair type?
Personally I prefer most Japanese brands brushes, e.g. Shiseido, KP & also Bobbi Brown.
But some time you may be able to find good makeup brushes in Asia without brand's name from Japan,Korean or even HK & Taiwan, I guess some of them maybe come from same manufacturer?

Natural Cosmetics said...

Hey thanks a ton for this ...I always wondered whether the flat brushes are for the eyes or for the lips...I guess they also help the lips get good shape.

Blog Archive